The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 19th March 2020 9:16pm
Below are some small lists to help out when you are looking for suppliers, shopping and services.
Needless to say, VillageArena.org does not accept any responsibility for their services or products. Village residents are responsible for vetting their own suppliers and services, thanks. If you have others that you recommend that you would like to share then please drop us a line — thank you. We try to adhere to the "check before you share" system. Click HERE for the NHS Facebook advice.
Local Supermarkets that are opening early for people aged 70 and over:
- Marks and Spencers. Every Thursday at 7am. Contact click HERE
- Sainsbury's Nantwich. Contact click HERE
Local businesses trying to survive through this crisis:
- Eggs from a Local producer. Click HERE for the Facebook Link
- Local Dog Walker. Click HERE for the Facebook link
- Fresh meal delivery service. Click HERE for the Facebook link.
- Groceries delivered to your door. Click HERE for Facebook link
- Chestnut Meats delivering free of charge. As well as pork, beef, chicken and goat, they also sell milk, eggs and other grocery essentials. Ring your order through on 01270 524750
- Jacinta's Plastic Free delivering washing up liquid, laundry liquid, hand soap, toilet rolls, loose teas, shampoo, body wash and apple juice Ring or text your order on 07938 99468
- Seabreeze Fishmongers delivering free of charge to the elderly and vulnerable. Please give 24 hours notice. 01270 628824
- Clem's Traditional Greengrocers (outdoor Saturday Market) deliver veg and fruit boxes in a variety of sizes. Order at: www.nantwichvegboxes.co.uk
- Cheerbrooks Farm Shop delivering locally for orders over £30 Ring 01270 666431
- Chemists — most pharmacies deliver medications. Some of them charge a small fee.
- Farmers Arms Restaurant/Pub. Ring them for a take-away on 01270 623500.
- Badger Inn New Take away Menu. Click HERE
- Hulses Bakery Shop, Worleston is open for the sale of high quality baked goods and other groceries. Latest update on 2nd April they are open and they would appreciate extra trade!
Local Social Media and Website Groups that are worth a look:
# Other information:
- NHS advice about your front door. Click HERE for the Facebook page.
- Your prescription delivered to you for free from Echo.co.uk Click HERE for their website page.
- NHS advice about COVID-19. Please click HERE for the NHS website page.
- A list of fee, online, boredom-busting resources, including virtual visits, online learning, geography and nature, music, arts and culture, literature, entertainment, UK parliament, anxiety/mental health available at chatterpack.net
- The Wind in the Willows West End production is available to stream online for free at whatsonstage.com