The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 27th November 2013 10:13am
Following the massive success of 'Twelve Miles from Nowhere', CM Vision events group has sent its top three choices for the Spring 2014 shows from Cheshire Rural Touring Arts (CRTA) scheme.
CRTA will allocate the productions to communities in Cheshire, for the coming Spring 2014 season.
ARENA will announce the show/s allocated to Church Minshull when known.
The CM Vision events group choices are:
- Old Herbaceous — An evening of warmth, charm and humour, told by Herbert Pinnergar (nicknamed Herbaceous) and Lady Charteris, looking back over life in a Gloucestershire manor house.
- Wingin' it — One of the most highly rated guitar duos on the circuit, delivering a fiery, energy fuelled array of accoustic music styles.
- Behind the Silken Veil — The origins of women's dances from around the world. Produced in the form of a radio show, the show examines the evolution of dance through the senses and vibrant dance traditions of Asia and the Middle East.
- Blast off — An additional 'Network Extra' kids show. The 'Noisy Animals' are THE biggest band in the world and about to Blast off into outer space to find a brand new sound for their latest album.
- Cape Rath — A 'Cutting Hedge' show, the 3rd Angel Touring Bus max. 14 persons per show. Three shows on this unique vehicle.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Last Night of the PromsThe BBC's 'Last Night of the Proms' is being shown on the big screen in Church Minshull village hall.Please come along on Saturday 14 September 2019, doors open at 7.00 pm with the programme starting at 7.15 pm and runs for about three and a half hours. There will be an interval part way through when the programme switches from BBC2 to BBC1.Bring your...
Today, St Bartholomew's welcomed Reuben John Minshull, parents Steve and Emily and over a hundred guests to Reuben's baptism.A chapel was demolished by John Minshull and a new church built on the site in 1541 but no Minshull has been baptised, married or buried in the church or churchyard since 1788, a gap of 231 years. John, who resided in Minshull Hall, became the first minister of...
It is just over 3 weeks to the Madness weekend.Are you Ready?To get you in the mood and help you plan here is some information.Uk Bjorn are tuning up for the Friday night and they need to be ready as it looks like it will be a sell out show. There are still tickets available but they are going fast. The first act takes the stage at 7:30pm for what will be a fantastic evening made better by...