The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 27th November 2013 10:13am
Following the massive success of 'Twelve Miles from Nowhere', CM Vision events group has sent its top three choices for the Spring 2014 shows from Cheshire Rural Touring Arts (CRTA) scheme.
CRTA will allocate the productions to communities in Cheshire, for the coming Spring 2014 season.
ARENA will announce the show/s allocated to Church Minshull when known.
The CM Vision events group choices are:
- Old Herbaceous — An evening of warmth, charm and humour, told by Herbert Pinnergar (nicknamed Herbaceous) and Lady Charteris, looking back over life in a Gloucestershire manor house.
- Wingin' it — One of the most highly rated guitar duos on the circuit, delivering a fiery, energy fuelled array of accoustic music styles.
- Behind the Silken Veil — The origins of women's dances from around the world. Produced in the form of a radio show, the show examines the evolution of dance through the senses and vibrant dance traditions of Asia and the Middle East.
- Blast off — An additional 'Network Extra' kids show. The 'Noisy Animals' are THE biggest band in the world and about to Blast off into outer space to find a brand new sound for their latest album.
- Cape Rath — A 'Cutting Hedge' show, the 3rd Angel Touring Bus max. 14 persons per show. Three shows on this unique vehicle.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Autumn Plant Sale 2020, what a result!The weather could not have been better for St. Bart's Church's first ever Autumn Plant Sale. A great crowd turned out to select their winter bedding and perennials and the stocks were soon going down. Out came the watering hosepipes as the day got warmer, while inside the church, the bulb stall was a big favourite and the craft stall and...
For all you readers, the Mobile Library will be restarting its visits to Church Minshull on Tuesday 22nd September at the usual time, 10.20 am, although I am told that they may arrive a little earlier. There will be no access to the inside of the bus and your requests will be brought out. The next visit is planned for 6 weeks time as the bus is due for its...
1963 — Can you remember the special events of that year? Well, it was the year of the big winter; snow was still lying in April in some parts of the country. Cliff Richard and his mates took a London double-decker bus on their 'Summer Holiday' and Dr Beeching decided we didn't need nearly 2000 railways stations. In the United States, its 35th President, J F Kennedy was assassinated...