The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 27th November 2013 10:13am
Following the massive success of 'Twelve Miles from Nowhere', CM Vision events group has sent its top three choices for the Spring 2014 shows from Cheshire Rural Touring Arts (CRTA) scheme.
CRTA will allocate the productions to communities in Cheshire, for the coming Spring 2014 season.
ARENA will announce the show/s allocated to Church Minshull when known.
The CM Vision events group choices are:
- Old Herbaceous — An evening of warmth, charm and humour, told by Herbert Pinnergar (nicknamed Herbaceous) and Lady Charteris, looking back over life in a Gloucestershire manor house.
- Wingin' it — One of the most highly rated guitar duos on the circuit, delivering a fiery, energy fuelled array of accoustic music styles.
- Behind the Silken Veil — The origins of women's dances from around the world. Produced in the form of a radio show, the show examines the evolution of dance through the senses and vibrant dance traditions of Asia and the Middle East.
- Blast off — An additional 'Network Extra' kids show. The 'Noisy Animals' are THE biggest band in the world and about to Blast off into outer space to find a brand new sound for their latest album.
- Cape Rath — A 'Cutting Hedge' show, the 3rd Angel Touring Bus max. 14 persons per show. Three shows on this unique vehicle.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Flooding in the Village. Update#2Flooding updateToday (Thursday 5th December) members of the Parish Council (Robert Parton, Brian Charlesworth and Bob Schiller) met with the Cheshire East Flood Risk Manager, and then walked round the village and met with some of the residents affected by flooding this year. They also looked at the condition of the bridge over...
The Parish Council is inviting you to have your say on village improvements during 2020.These could be aesthetic or practical improvements, or for you to suggest further ideas that could be implemented in the near future.Below are a few starting ideas. It is not an exhaustive list, but includes some ideas explored by the Parish, residents associations and by village groups recently.As the...
Well a wet welcome to you all for my third December blog. All that is needed is a few more planks of wood, another week or two of this weather and then, two by two, we can start loading the ark. Himself spent a merry few days recently siphoning water away that was coming UP the rain water soak-aways, while even I decided that it was too wet to be out in the garden and the weather — but I did let...