The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 27th November 2013 10:13am
Following the massive success of 'Twelve Miles from Nowhere', CM Vision events group has sent its top three choices for the Spring 2014 shows from Cheshire Rural Touring Arts (CRTA) scheme.
CRTA will allocate the productions to communities in Cheshire, for the coming Spring 2014 season.
ARENA will announce the show/s allocated to Church Minshull when known.
The CM Vision events group choices are:
- Old Herbaceous — An evening of warmth, charm and humour, told by Herbert Pinnergar (nicknamed Herbaceous) and Lady Charteris, looking back over life in a Gloucestershire manor house.
- Wingin' it — One of the most highly rated guitar duos on the circuit, delivering a fiery, energy fuelled array of accoustic music styles.
- Behind the Silken Veil — The origins of women's dances from around the world. Produced in the form of a radio show, the show examines the evolution of dance through the senses and vibrant dance traditions of Asia and the Middle East.
- Blast off — An additional 'Network Extra' kids show. The 'Noisy Animals' are THE biggest band in the world and about to Blast off into outer space to find a brand new sound for their latest album.
- Cape Rath — A 'Cutting Hedge' show, the 3rd Angel Touring Bus max. 14 persons per show. Three shows on this unique vehicle.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
'Race Night 'A date for your diary'Church Minshull Sports & Social Club are organising a Race Night to be held in the village hall on Saturday 22 June.Doors open at 7.00pm, with the first race at 7.30 pm.More details will follow at the beginning of...
Well, morning team — or afternoon if you're reading this later! Himself has just had a nasty surprise: after I'd given him the idea and he'd written this blog a few days ago themselves went to Ireland to see their little people. Logging on to check my blog the evening before publishing it he found that it had all gone! As in disappeared, vamoosed! Perhaps there is a Labrador virus in...
Church Minshull was nominated for this years Best Village Award in BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2019 and made it through to the final.A panel of six judges whittled down the nominations from across the UK to six finalists and the country voted in true X factor style for their favourite.And the winners were — dramatic pause -1st Bembridge, Isle of Wight2nd Ingleton, North Yorkshire3rd...