The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 27th November 2013 10:13am
Following the massive success of 'Twelve Miles from Nowhere', CM Vision events group has sent its top three choices for the Spring 2014 shows from Cheshire Rural Touring Arts (CRTA) scheme.
CRTA will allocate the productions to communities in Cheshire, for the coming Spring 2014 season.
ARENA will announce the show/s allocated to Church Minshull when known.
The CM Vision events group choices are:
- Old Herbaceous — An evening of warmth, charm and humour, told by Herbert Pinnergar (nicknamed Herbaceous) and Lady Charteris, looking back over life in a Gloucestershire manor house.
- Wingin' it — One of the most highly rated guitar duos on the circuit, delivering a fiery, energy fuelled array of accoustic music styles.
- Behind the Silken Veil — The origins of women's dances from around the world. Produced in the form of a radio show, the show examines the evolution of dance through the senses and vibrant dance traditions of Asia and the Middle East.
- Blast off — An additional 'Network Extra' kids show. The 'Noisy Animals' are THE biggest band in the world and about to Blast off into outer space to find a brand new sound for their latest album.
- Cape Rath — A 'Cutting Hedge' show, the 3rd Angel Touring Bus max. 14 persons per show. Three shows on this unique vehicle.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
At 10am on Sunday morning 15 intrepid travellers set out from Church Minshull to visit Blackpool Tower Ballroom.Despite many cries of "are we nearly there yet?" and "is that Blackpool Tower?" shouted at every electricity pylon, we did get there.The first impressions of the Ballroom quite took our breath away. We had all seen it on Strictly but in real life it is smaller...
Imagine my surprise when, at our flower club meeting in December, I won a trophy for my entry into the members' competition. The title was "Christmas Sparkle". My design is shown in the photo on the right. It wasn't until I arrived home to Village Farm, Church Minshull that I made the connection. The trophy I had just been presented with, was the "Cely Lindop Memorial...
Well last time we forgot to wish you all a "Happy New Year" — sort of deliberately because as far as dogs are concerned the new year is only just starting. What do I mean — well hang on and I'll tell you!I'm dictating this to himself at the end of January and we were both saying this morning how finally we are starting to see the mornings getting lighter when we are out for a...