The Church Minshull Community Website
By Madai the Labrador - 16th December 2020 5:13pm
Well, eventually himself has got this second part to our Christmas quiz published, better late than never he said, although looking at the questions you may doubt it! They all relate in some way to the village of Church Minshull or its immediate environs. Some straightforward. others less so. No prizes for completion, just the satisfaction of outwitting the setter (dog pun, sorry!) All errors in setting and answers are clearly himself's.
1. What properties are on Muslin Row?
2. What happened in Church Minshull on October 12th 1958?
3. If you were at "A Una's Leech" where would you be?
4. Which 3 houses have been Post Offices?
5. What is unusual about the bells hung in the tower of St Bartholomew's Church?
6. Can you link President Trump to a village road?
7. When was the Village Farm development first occupied?
8. If out for a walk where would you find a Wizard?
9. What did the Village Hall used to be?
10. Who/what were the "Clappersongs"?
11. How much did the Porklad Calendar raise?
12. What did Tiny do in 1888?
13. When did Aqueduct Marina open?
14. When was the canal aqueduct, after which the marina is named, built and to whose design?
Answers will be posted with January's blog, but if you think you have completed it then email to email@example.com and you will receive public praise in my next blog!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
* * * WARNING * * * POSSIBLE CLOSURE OF OVER ROAD by EEL BROOK LATER TODAY (20/1/21) OR TOMORROW MORNING (21/1/21).Warning for walkers not to take the circuit through the woods as the Lower Field is flooded.UPDATE 20/1/2021 19:30hrsIt has been told to us at villagearena.org that Over road parallel to Weaver View is completely flooded...
The Rotary Club of Nantwich is looking for laptops and tabletsDo you have a laptop or tablet that you no longer need? One of our local computer shops, "The Laptop Shop", has kindly agreed to renovate, upgrade and securely wipe (if necessary) for school use. They will then be donated to local schools for children who have no or limited ability to access to home internet learning. ...
Please be aware, now that Vaccinations have started that there are scams circulating regarding eligibility for the vaccine. Below issued by Which for your information. Please exercise extreme caution, particularly when anyone asks for a bank card number.COVID-19 vaccine scam textFraudsters are taking advantage of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout through a cruel but convincing text in an attempt...