The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 8th March 2018 10:03pm
St Bartholomew's Church has a congregation that prefers informal worship to traditional, as demonstrated by the success of the Messy Church and Cafe Church services. With this in mind, Informal Communion is being trialled at 11am on 18th March.
This type of service has been trialled successfully elsewhere and Reverend Anne together with members of the Parochial Church Council have discussed this and come up with a format that, it is believed, will prove more popular than those currently offered. Informal Communion will not replace BCP and Common Worship Communion. These will both continue, but in the case of Common Worship, less frequently.
The Informal Communion service willl involve the following:
* The congregation is asked to sit around a table, reminiscent of the first communion at the Last Supper and more Cafe Church style.
* Prayers will be offered by those attending and fewer from the vicar, though this is optional.
* The bread and wine are passed around and the congregation remain seated.
* While the vicar will still consecrate the bread and wine, there is no use of the communion table, the alter rail, the pulpit or lectern.
* Hymns will be sung from the table, freeing the organist to take part in the service.
* Children and wheelchair users can be fully incorporated, with children able to enjoy their own activity while not being separated from parents and having easy access to the toilet.
It may be necessary to trial several formats before everyone is happy, but this makes the feedback from those attending of supreme importance. All are encouraged to attend and have their say on how the service moves forward.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Last Night of the PromsThe BBC's 'Last Night of the Proms' is being shown on the big screen in Church Minshull village hall.Please come along on Saturday 14 September 2019, doors open at 7.00 pm with the programme starting at 7.15 pm and runs for about three and a half hours. There will be an interval part way through when the programme switches from BBC2 to BBC1.Bring your...
Today, St Bartholomew's welcomed Reuben John Minshull, parents Steve and Emily and over a hundred guests to Reuben's baptism.A chapel was demolished by John Minshull and a new church built on the site in 1541 but no Minshull has been baptised, married or buried in the church or churchyard since 1788, a gap of 231 years. John, who resided in Minshull Hall, became the first minister of...
It is just over 3 weeks to the Madness weekend.Are you Ready?To get you in the mood and help you plan here is some information.Uk Bjorn are tuning up for the Friday night and they need to be ready as it looks like it will be a sell out show. There are still tickets available but they are going fast. The first act takes the stage at 7:30pm for what will be a fantastic evening made better by...
Badger Car Park/Home Farm Park