The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 8th March 2018 10:03pm
St Bartholomew's Church has a congregation that prefers informal worship to traditional, as demonstrated by the success of the Messy Church and Cafe Church services. With this in mind, Informal Communion is being trialled at 11am on 18th March.
This type of service has been trialled successfully elsewhere and Reverend Anne together with members of the Parochial Church Council have discussed this and come up with a format that, it is believed, will prove more popular than those currently offered. Informal Communion will not replace BCP and Common Worship Communion. These will both continue, but in the case of Common Worship, less frequently.
The Informal Communion service willl involve the following:
* The congregation is asked to sit around a table, reminiscent of the first communion at the Last Supper and more Cafe Church style.
* Prayers will be offered by those attending and fewer from the vicar, though this is optional.
* The bread and wine are passed around and the congregation remain seated.
* While the vicar will still consecrate the bread and wine, there is no use of the communion table, the alter rail, the pulpit or lectern.
* Hymns will be sung from the table, freeing the organist to take part in the service.
* Children and wheelchair users can be fully incorporated, with children able to enjoy their own activity while not being separated from parents and having easy access to the toilet.
It may be necessary to trial several formats before everyone is happy, but this makes the feedback from those attending of supreme importance. All are encouraged to attend and have their say on how the service moves forward.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Stars join forces to launch BBC Children in Need's 2019 campaign, asking the UK to Get Together to make a difference.Tess Daly, Rochelle Humes, Marvin Humes and Laura Whitmore amongst those supporting, encouraging the nation to Get Together to change children's lives right across the UK.BBC Children in Need has launched its 2019 fundraising campaign and is asking the...
Festive Flower Arranging Dayat St Bartholomew's Church on Wednesday 18th December 11am-1.00 and 1.30-3.30pm.Make a Christmas wreath and a table/mantlepiece arrangement for your home.Any of the arrangements can be made in either the morning or the afternoon, just tell us what you would like to make and when and we'll do the rest.Includes a lunch of homemade soup and a...
“Pub Quiz Night @ The Badger Inn14th October 2019. 8:30pm (2 hours)Come and join in, £1 per head.Free fries during half-time.Come one — come all!
Badger Car Park/Home Farm Park