The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 8th March 2018 10:03pm
St Bartholomew's Church has a congregation that prefers informal worship to traditional, as demonstrated by the success of the Messy Church and Cafe Church services. With this in mind, Informal Communion is being trialled at 11am on 18th March.
This type of service has been trialled successfully elsewhere and Reverend Anne together with members of the Parochial Church Council have discussed this and come up with a format that, it is believed, will prove more popular than those currently offered. Informal Communion will not replace BCP and Common Worship Communion. These will both continue, but in the case of Common Worship, less frequently.
The Informal Communion service willl involve the following:
* The congregation is asked to sit around a table, reminiscent of the first communion at the Last Supper and more Cafe Church style.
* Prayers will be offered by those attending and fewer from the vicar, though this is optional.
* The bread and wine are passed around and the congregation remain seated.
* While the vicar will still consecrate the bread and wine, there is no use of the communion table, the alter rail, the pulpit or lectern.
* Hymns will be sung from the table, freeing the organist to take part in the service.
* Children and wheelchair users can be fully incorporated, with children able to enjoy their own activity while not being separated from parents and having easy access to the toilet.
It may be necessary to trial several formats before everyone is happy, but this makes the feedback from those attending of supreme importance. All are encouraged to attend and have their say on how the service moves forward.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are sorry for the inconvenience but our VillageArena Website will be down for a couple of days in the week starting 25th January 2021 for a Software Upgrade. We will be back up as soon as possible with a slightly different...
Listeners to Radio Stoke may have been surprised to hear our churchwarden, John Headon, being interviewed by presenter Liz Ellis at 3.30 this afternoon. Liz asked John about the village being cut off last night when Over Road, to Winsford was flooded and the bridge over Eel Brook, where it joins the River Weaver went under water. Sadly, the adjacent house, flooded last February was inundated...
* * * WARNING * * * POSSIBLE CLOSURE OF OVER ROAD by EEL BROOK LATER TODAY (20/1/21) OR TOMORROW MORNING (21/1/21).Warning for walkers not to take the circuit through the woods as the Lower Field is flooded.UPDATE 20/1/2021 19:30hrsIt has been told to us at villagearena.org that Over road parallel to Weaver View is completely flooded...