The Church Minshull Community Website
By Parish Council - GR - 17th July 2017 8:07pm
HS2 North Crewe Rail Depot In Wimboldsley
Last November the Transport Secretary issued seven 'Route Refinements' for the HS2 line between Crewe and Manchester. Amongst other refinements the document relocated the Western Leg Rolling Stock Depot from a site near Golborne nr Wigan to Wimboldsley between the A530 Nantwich Road and the West Coast Main Line.
A public consultation for the refinements ended on March 9 2017.
At a public meeting on January 12 2017, held by Stanthorne & Wimboldsley Parish, Chris Tiffin from Mid Cheshire Against HS2 explained the effects of the Wimboldsley 'Route Refinement'
- The Western Rolling Stock Depot had been relocated from Golborne nr Wigan to Wimboldsley between the A530 and the Middlewich Branch Canal.
- The Rail Depot would be 4km long and stretch north from the current rail bridge over the A530 at Walley's Green to the A54 at Coal Pit Lane.
- It would occupy a large area of the arable land between the A530 Nantwich Road and the Middlewich Branch Canal — and result in the demolition of five listed properties.
- The rail line through Wimboldsley would be on an embankment up to 8m high
- The A54 from the A530 to Winsford and the A533 west of Middlewich would be raised by 16m to go over the HS2 lines and the rail access to the Depot.
- The Depot and the shunting lines would be floodlit to operate 24 hours a day and hold 46 trains overnight, each 200m long, to be cleaned and serviced.
- The last train would arrive from Manchester at around 1:00am and the first one would depart around 5:00pm
UPDATE — JULY 17 2017
Following its consideration of the responses to the public consultation, HS2 Ltd has today published its recommendations to Government for how the route should change from the preferred route presented at the consultation.
As far as relocating the Western Leg Rolling Stock Depot to Wimboldsley is concerned — nothing has changed from the site's location as outlined in last November's 'Route Refinement' document.
Click to view HS2's advice to Government
For details about the Wimboldsley Depot — See Section 8, Pages 22 to 28 — Map on page 23
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Please be aware, now that Vaccinations have started that there are scams circulating regarding eligibility for the vaccine. Below issued by Which for your information. Please exercise extreme caution, particularly when anyone asks for a bank card number.COVID-19 vaccine scam textFraudsters are taking advantage of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout through a cruel but convincing text in an attempt...
“Dear Residents of Church MinshullSince the extreme flooding in the village that occurred last spring, the Parish Council have been fighting all year to try and ensure that the roads in our parish are kept safe and that the danger to residents and their properties do not recure. During the year we have had visits from the Flood Risk Manager of Cheshire East Highways (Paul Reeves) and...
Carole Warr sent the following message via www.villagearena.org on Sunday 3rd January at 04:02 PM:Email: email@example.com Just wanted to let you know we have been litter picking in the village and along the canal between bridges 13.-15. Unfortunately, in only a short period of time, we filled 3 large black bin liners full of plastic bottles, beer cans and bottles, fishing floats and...