The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 9th April 2017 9:56pm
Grow and Show Competition
The tallest sunflower measured 9.17 m (30 ft 1 in) on 28 August 2014 and was grown by Hans-Peter Schiffer in Germany (Guinness World Records)
Who can grow the tallest sunflower in Church Minshull?
If you are under 16, you can get 5 free seeds and some growing instructions from Lesley Baddeley. Ring 522952 to enter the competition and order your seeds. You will need to tell Lesley your name, age, address and telephone number so that she can arrange to visit you on judging day to measure your monster sunflower and take a photo.
- All sunflowers must be grown within the Church Minshull Parish Boundary either at your own home or at the home of a grandparent or other relative.
- Judging will take place on Thursday 31st August (just before Minshull Madness)
- The winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) will be announced before the races on the day of Minshull Madness, Saturday 2nd September.
- You can buy your own seeds if you prefer but you must still tell Lesley that you are entering the competition. Please tell her before May 31st so that she can plan the judging.
- Photos of the sunflowers will be on display during Minshull Madness.
Now all you need to do is get your seeds, plant them and watch them grow!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
MINSHULL MADNESSOnce again it is coming round to the time of year when strange things happen in Church Minshull as the annual Madness Event takes place.On Friday 30th August top ABBA tribute band, UK Bjorn , will play at Church Minshull Village Hall in an evening of singalong and dancealong hits from the Swedish super-group. The doors open at 7:30pm and tickets are available for £12:50...
Open Evening to see the Proposed Church Alterations7:30 to 9pm 29th July 2019All plans and specifications will be on display, with an opportunity to question the churchwardens and members of the...
Finally the team have reached the last stages of our Neighbourhood Development Plan.It has taken more than three years to get to this point with Visions, Aims and Policies being developed by the team, taking account of input from the Village through the questionnaire, consultation and two reviews in the village hall. Over seventy bodies were sent the original version of the NDP and their...
St. Bart's Church