The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 9th April 2017 9:56pm
Grow and Show Competition
The tallest sunflower measured 9.17 m (30 ft 1 in) on 28 August 2014 and was grown by Hans-Peter Schiffer in Germany (Guinness World Records)
Who can grow the tallest sunflower in Church Minshull?
If you are under 16, you can get 5 free seeds and some growing instructions from Lesley Baddeley. Ring 522952 to enter the competition and order your seeds. You will need to tell Lesley your name, age, address and telephone number so that she can arrange to visit you on judging day to measure your monster sunflower and take a photo.
- All sunflowers must be grown within the Church Minshull Parish Boundary either at your own home or at the home of a grandparent or other relative.
- Judging will take place on Thursday 31st August (just before Minshull Madness)
- The winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) will be announced before the races on the day of Minshull Madness, Saturday 2nd September.
- You can buy your own seeds if you prefer but you must still tell Lesley that you are entering the competition. Please tell her before May 31st so that she can plan the judging.
- Photos of the sunflowers will be on display during Minshull Madness.
Now all you need to do is get your seeds, plant them and watch them grow!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Its a long way to Tokyo!To be an Olympian is a long hard road requiring years of dedication, hard work and sacrifice.BUT you don't have to do all that; the Minsh-O-Lympics are coming.Saturday 14th March 2020 is the date for your diary.All you need to do for now is start to get your team together (6 people and a variety of ages) and decide which country you want to represent. Costume...
Flooding in the VillageFollowing the flooding that has occurred over the last month in the village and the discussions at the recent parish council meeting, councillors agreed to engage with Cheshire East, our local councillor Sarah Pochin and the Environment Agency to investigate whether there are any issues with regard to drainage layout and management of excessive water...