The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 9th April 2017 9:56pm
Grow and Show Competition
The tallest sunflower measured 9.17 m (30 ft 1 in) on 28 August 2014 and was grown by Hans-Peter Schiffer in Germany (Guinness World Records)
Who can grow the tallest sunflower in Church Minshull?
If you are under 16, you can get 5 free seeds and some growing instructions from Lesley Baddeley. Ring 522952 to enter the competition and order your seeds. You will need to tell Lesley your name, age, address and telephone number so that she can arrange to visit you on judging day to measure your monster sunflower and take a photo.
- All sunflowers must be grown within the Church Minshull Parish Boundary either at your own home or at the home of a grandparent or other relative.
- Judging will take place on Thursday 31st August (just before Minshull Madness)
- The winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) will be announced before the races on the day of Minshull Madness, Saturday 2nd September.
- You can buy your own seeds if you prefer but you must still tell Lesley that you are entering the competition. Please tell her before May 31st so that she can plan the judging.
- Photos of the sunflowers will be on display during Minshull Madness.
Now all you need to do is get your seeds, plant them and watch them grow!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Starting on Sunday 1st November, St Bart's will become a drop off point for food donations for Nantwich Foodbank.There will be a covered plastic box in the porch to place items into every Sunday from 10.30am until 12.30pm.All dried, canned, bottled, packeted and long life foods are gratefully received.Thank...
The Future of the Village Hall. As part of the last update on Church Minshull Village Hall and the actions the Trustees have taken during the Covid 19 lockdown earlier in the year to make sure that its reopening in September would be as safe and sanitised as could be, I touched upon the Trustees wider vision for the future of the village hall; not just beyond an immediate...
Worleston Village Shop is now open. The lovely little village shop in Worleston called Hulse's is now open again. It had to close for a little while but all is now OK and the doors are back open. “All the best from Church...