The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 24th October 2017 8:00am
On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...six geese a laying.
Not sure six geese would work in everyone's back garden but at least you'd have fresh eggs each morning! Here are six interesting 'geese' facts for the uninitiated:
1. Their desire to return to their birth place every year is so strong that they will often fly up to 3,000 miles to get there!
2. Geese live to about 20 years' old
3. Adult geese molt in June and are unable to fly during this time — let's hope they plan their diary so they don't have any urgent engagements in the month of June!
4. Domestic geese can lay as many as 50 eggs every year!
5. Geese mate for life
6. Geese fly in a "V" formation. If one goose is injured, other geese will stay with it until it dies or can rejoin the flock (if it dies, you wouldn't want to be standing directly below it, would you??)
We're excited to see how the Minshull's Nursery Floristry Team is going to represent 'six geese a laying' in floral form. Visit 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' Floral Extravaganza at St. Bart's Church (1 — 3 Dec) to find out for yourselves. More details here
Thanks to the florists at Minshull's Nursery for sponsoring this arrangement.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Last Night of the PromsThe BBC's 'Last Night of the Proms' is being shown on the big screen in Church Minshull village hall.Please come along on Saturday 14 September 2019, doors open at 7.00 pm with the programme starting at 7.15 pm and runs for about three and a half hours. There will be an interval part way through when the programme switches from BBC2 to BBC1.Bring your...
Today, St Bartholomew's welcomed Reuben John Minshull, parents Steve and Emily and over a hundred guests to Reuben's baptism.A chapel was demolished by John Minshull and a new church built on the site in 1541 but no Minshull has been baptised, married or buried in the church or churchyard since 1788, a gap of 231 years. John, who resided in Minshull Hall, became the first minister of...
It is just over 3 weeks to the Madness weekend.Are you Ready?To get you in the mood and help you plan here is some information.Uk Bjorn are tuning up for the Friday night and they need to be ready as it looks like it will be a sell out show. There are still tickets available but they are going fast. The first act takes the stage at 7:30pm for what will be a fantastic evening made better by...
Badger Car Park/Home Farm Park