The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 24th October 2017 8:00am
On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...six geese a laying.
Not sure six geese would work in everyone's back garden but at least you'd have fresh eggs each morning! Here are six interesting 'geese' facts for the uninitiated:
1. Their desire to return to their birth place every year is so strong that they will often fly up to 3,000 miles to get there!
2. Geese live to about 20 years' old
3. Adult geese molt in June and are unable to fly during this time — let's hope they plan their diary so they don't have any urgent engagements in the month of June!
4. Domestic geese can lay as many as 50 eggs every year!
5. Geese mate for life
6. Geese fly in a "V" formation. If one goose is injured, other geese will stay with it until it dies or can rejoin the flock (if it dies, you wouldn't want to be standing directly below it, would you??)
We're excited to see how the Minshull's Nursery Floristry Team is going to represent 'six geese a laying' in floral form. Visit 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' Floral Extravaganza at St. Bart's Church (1 — 3 Dec) to find out for yourselves. More details here
Thanks to the florists at Minshull's Nursery for sponsoring this arrangement.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The first teams have arrived in the Minsh Olympic Village.Mexico, France and Scotland are settling in so they will be well prepared for when the games begin. Already we are seeing hints of their national costumes being prepared for the opening ceremony.There is still time to enter your team or register you interest to be in a team by phoning Kerry on 01270 522144You may have heard of...
Home Security Advice from Cheshire PoliceDear Residents,Following a number of burglaries in neighbouring force areas where elderly residents have been targeted, we are emailing to provide crime prevention advice. In the burglaries those responsible gained entry to the property via the front door and stolen a number of items.Your home is only as secure as its weakest point of entry...
People who live in Church Minshull should have received polling cards advising them of the referendum for the Neighbourhood Development Plan. If you have not received your polling card you can check that you are registered to vote by calling the Cheshire East Election Team on 01270 685 922. You do not need your card to vote but you do need to be...