Church Minshull

Chimney fire at the Badger Inn

Home » News » Chimney fire at the Badger Inn
Badger Fire (1)
Badger Fire (2)

A slow burning chimney fire at The Badger Inn, closed the main B5074 road through Church Minshull for approximately 5 hours recently. Firemen from Crewe Fire Station, were called out when smoke started to seep through an upstairs chimney breast in the Chef's apartment.

The fire, thought to be caused by a blockage, started to slowly smoulder within the chimney.

Fire crews had to employ an aerial appliance to reach the top of chimney and slowly damp down to avoid needless water damage in the listed building.

popular recent storiesAlso in the news

CM village sign
Arena Webteam: Tue 19 Mar 8:19am

Church Minshull was nominated for this years Best Village Award in BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2019 and made it through to the final.A panel of six judges whittled down the nominations from across the UK to six finalists and the country voted in true X factor style for their favourite.And the winners were — dramatic pause -1st Bembridge, Isle of Wight2nd Ingleton, North Yorkshire3rd...

needs you 1
Arena Webteam: Wed 13 Mar 6:36pm

A litter picking working party has been arranged for this Sunday, the 17th March.It has been noted that on approaching the village, the verges are covered in litter and in particular the B5074 road from Nantwich. This exercise has been inspired by St Bart's Church Café Church Congregation.We will be meet at 2.00pm on the Village Hall carpark and work for an hour or so. Litter pickers...

IMG_8421
Madai the Labrador: Fri 01 Mar 8:00am

Hello Minshulleers! The title of this month's blog should give you a clue, I've just had my birthday, so if you see me out and about please feel free to offer cake..... but leave off the candles as they play havoc with my fringe. I'll let you into a secret, which is that I dictate to himself about stuff that has already happened — of course dogs can't see into the future, that...