The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 27th November 2013 10:13am
Following the massive success of 'Twelve Miles from Nowhere', CM Vision events group has sent its top three choices for the Spring 2014 shows from Cheshire Rural Touring Arts (CRTA) scheme.
CRTA will allocate the productions to communities in Cheshire, for the coming Spring 2014 season.
ARENA will announce the show/s allocated to Church Minshull when known.
The CM Vision events group choices are:
- Old Herbaceous — An evening of warmth, charm and humour, told by Herbert Pinnergar (nicknamed Herbaceous) and Lady Charteris, looking back over life in a Gloucestershire manor house.
- Wingin' it — One of the most highly rated guitar duos on the circuit, delivering a fiery, energy fuelled array of accoustic music styles.
- Behind the Silken Veil — The origins of women's dances from around the world. Produced in the form of a radio show, the show examines the evolution of dance through the senses and vibrant dance traditions of Asia and the Middle East.
- Blast off — An additional 'Network Extra' kids show. The 'Noisy Animals' are THE biggest band in the world and about to Blast off into outer space to find a brand new sound for their latest album.
- Cape Rath — A 'Cutting Hedge' show, the 3rd Angel Touring Bus max. 14 persons per show. Three shows on this unique vehicle.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Cheshire East Council has published a Notice of Election to fill the vacancy for Borough Councillor for the Bunbury Ward. The deadline for the submission of Nomination forms for anyone interested in standing for election is Friday 23 February. The election date is scheduled for Thursday 22 March 2018. To view the notice, please http://local.4297922(click...
Cafe Church on 11 February was once again packed despite the hail and wind outside. The subject was 'Change' and how we deal with it and John Headon took the opportunity to provide an update on the proposed changes in the church interior. There were poems by Lynn Penny and Tim Hough on embracing change and everyone used the interval to talk of changes in their own lives, some of which...
Village Hall TransformationThe Village Hall is set to be transformed thanks to a grant of over £10,000 from funding body WREN.The money, awarded by WREN's FCC Community Action Fund, will be used to upgrade the Hot Water Systems and refurbish the walls and ceiling and improve electrical services in the Village Hall. WREN is a not-for-profit business that awards grants for...
The Badger Inn