HS2 North Crewe Rail Depot In Wimboldsley
GR - Parish Council: 15th January 2017 3:44pm
On Thursday January 12th over 100 concerned residents attended a packed meeting of the Stanthorne & Wimboldsley Parish at Hopley House to protest against the proposed building of HS2's North Crewe Rail Depot between the A530 Nantwich Road and the Middlewich Branch Canal north of Church Minshull.
Chris Triffin from 'Mid Cheshire Against HS2' explained the "route refinements" issued by the Transport Secretary last November — Click For Website
- The Western Rolling Stock Depot had been relocated from Golborne nr Wigan to Wimboldsley adjacent to the A530
- The Rail Depot would be 4km long and stretch north from the current rail bridge over the A530 at Walley's Green to the A54 at Coal Pit Lane.
- It would occupy a large area of the arable land between the A530 Nantwich Road and the Middlewich Branch Canal — and result in the demolition of five Listed properties.
- The rail line through Wimboldsley would be on an embankment up to 8m high
- Access lines to the Depot would be up to 25m high in order to go over the current west coast main line and the new HS2 line to Manchester.
- The A54 from the A530 to Winsford and the A533 west of Middlewich would be raised by 17m to go over the HS2 lines and the rail access to the Depot.
- The Depot and the shunting lines would be floodlit to operate 24 hours a day and hold 46 trains overnight, each 200m long, to be cleaned and serviced.
- The last train would arrive from Manchester at around 1:00am and the first one would depart around 5:00pm
- The Government's Consultation on the Route Refinement ends on March 9 2017
Phase 2b Crewe to Manchester — Route Refinement Consultation Document)
Page 9 Para 1.3 — Seven route refinements
Page 9 Para 1.3.2 — Relocation of Rolling Stock Depot from Golborne to Wimboldsley
Pages 15 to 17 — Secretary of State's reasoning for the Depot's relocation.
Page 47 Onwards — How to respond to the Consultation by March 9 2017
The Badger Inn — Come and join in...
Live music and dancing to a small band, or solo artist...
Free bar snacks — lively evening — lots of fun
— All Welcome — A Fun way to worship