The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 9th April 2017 9:56pm
Grow and Show Competition
The tallest sunflower measured 9.17 m (30 ft 1 in) on 28 August 2014 and was grown by Hans-Peter Schiffer in Germany (Guinness World Records)
Who can grow the tallest sunflower in Church Minshull?
If you are under 16, you can get 5 free seeds and some growing instructions from Lesley Baddeley. Ring 522952 to enter the competition and order your seeds. You will need to tell Lesley your name, age, address and telephone number so that she can arrange to visit you on judging day to measure your monster sunflower and take a photo.
- All sunflowers must be grown within the Church Minshull Parish Boundary either at your own home or at the home of a grandparent or other relative.
- Judging will take place on Thursday 31st August (just before Minshull Madness)
- The winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) will be announced before the races on the day of Minshull Madness, Saturday 2nd September.
- You can buy your own seeds if you prefer but you must still tell Lesley that you are entering the competition. Please tell her before May 31st so that she can plan the judging.
- Photos of the sunflowers will be on display during Minshull Madness.
Now all you need to do is get your seeds, plant them and watch them grow!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Cheshire East Council has published a Notice of Election to fill the vacancy for Borough Councillor for the Bunbury Ward. The deadline for the submission of Nomination forms for anyone interested in standing for election is Friday 23 February. The election date is scheduled for Thursday 22 March 2018. To view the notice, please http://local.4297922(click...
Cafe Church on 11 February was once again packed despite the hail and wind outside. The subject was 'Change' and how we deal with it and John Headon took the opportunity to provide an update on the proposed changes in the church interior. There were poems by Lynn Penny and Tim Hough on embracing change and everyone used the interval to talk of changes in their own lives, some of which...
Village Hall TransformationThe Village Hall is set to be transformed thanks to a grant of over £10,000 from funding body WREN.The money, awarded by WREN's FCC Community Action Fund, will be used to upgrade the Hot Water Systems and refurbish the walls and ceiling and improve electrical services in the Village Hall. WREN is a not-for-profit business that awards grants for...
The Badger Inn