The Church Minshull Community Website
By Arena Webteam - 24th October 2017 8:00am
On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...six geese a laying.
Not sure six geese would work in everyone's back garden but at least you'd have fresh eggs each morning! Here are six interesting 'geese' facts for the uninitiated:
1. Their desire to return to their birth place every year is so strong that they will often fly up to 3,000 miles to get there!
2. Geese live to about 20 years' old
3. Adult geese molt in June and are unable to fly during this time — let's hope they plan their diary so they don't have any urgent engagements in the month of June!
4. Domestic geese can lay as many as 50 eggs every year!
5. Geese mate for life
6. Geese fly in a "V" formation. If one goose is injured, other geese will stay with it until it dies or can rejoin the flock (if it dies, you wouldn't want to be standing directly below it, would you??)
We're excited to see how the Minshull's Nursery Floristry Team is going to represent 'six geese a laying' in floral form. Visit 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' Floral Extravaganza at St. Bart's Church (1 — 3 Dec) to find out for yourselves. More details here
Thanks to the florists at Minshull's Nursery for sponsoring this arrangement.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Why it's okay to use your new-born baby as a dumbbellBefore I became a mum, I had no concept of the 'alternative world' which exists once you give birth to another person. There are so many mum's networks, baby groups and soft play areas out there that I'm constantly amazed when another one pops-up. I do wonder whether there are enough babies to go round them all? The...
At Messy Church at St. Bart's this Sunday 25th February (@11am) the theme will be 'Growing with God'. Margaret Denton will read the Parable of the Sower, looking at the way the "seeds" representing the word of God is sown in each of us. Then there will be a chance to look at how we are all growing by taking notes of everyone's height measurements, and also making foam...
Cheshire East Council has published a Notice of Election to fill the vacancy for Borough Councillor for the Bunbury Ward. The deadline for the submission of Nomination forms for anyone interested in standing for election is Friday 23 February. The election date is scheduled for Thursday 22 March 2018. To view the notice, please http://local.4297922(click...
St Bartholomew's Church