Worleston

History of Home Farm Park

Home » Village History » Historic Buildings » History of Home Farm Park

Return to the Historic Buildings page

Not historic but around for a while, Home Farm Park was started by Bob and Dorothy Challinor, tenant dairy farmers at Home Farm on the Ashbrook Estate. Mrs Challinor's parents later also ran a small shop on the site.

In about 1958 the first caravans arrived and Lea Green petrol station was also opened. The site was sold several times and greatly extended over the years to its present size of 64 plots.

The shop and petrol station ceased trading in 1990 and was sold by public auction in September of the same year by Mr & Mrs J Campbell.

The site of the petrol station is now two separate houses.